Friday, January 20, 2006

Blue Friday

No workouts today. I have to rest up for my half-marathon tomorrow morning in Topeka. I had a lunch date with the lovely, Widow Mary. I needed to load up on carbs, so we went to Garazzo’s on the River Market, but they were closed due to a power outage and we ended up at Anthony’s. We were having a pretty nice time. I was savoring the food, a glass of wine, and her beauty. I asked her out for next Friday. I have to ask her pretty far ahead of time so that she can arrange for a babysitter.

She paused, and then, I heard the dreaded words, “I’m seeing another guy, and I want to see where it goes”. Immediately, I put my hands over my ears, “I can’t hear you, blah, blah, blah!” I wasn’t prepared for that. I wasn’t prepared to develop such strong feelings for someone, so soon.

I’m pretty sure she thinks I’m some kind of playboy that’s never going to settle down. I don’t know where she gets that idea. Oh, yeah, my blog.

Back at the office, I stared out the window at cold drizzle. All of a sudden the game had become real. I still think things could work out between me and the widow. Time will tell. At some point, I’m going to have to make some decisions….

As I was driving home, I passed the “I’M SO SORRY, I LOVE YOU CASSIE” banner. It was still up after a week. I guess she never forgave him. It looked pretty pathetic in the rain. The helium balloons were slumped. Deflated. The ink from the letters was running, like tears in the rain.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

or maybe she did forgive him and they've been too busy 'making up' to go take down the banner!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home