Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Love, and the Pursuit, Thereof (the pleasures and perils of internet dating)

I saw this homemade banner hanging along 23rd St on my way to work. I was wondering what the guy did to make Cassie so mad. My guess is that he left the toilet seat up. What's your guess? Leave it in the comment section. I'll give a prize for the best one.

I may have made a mistake by telling potential dates about my blog. I just needed some readership. After all, what good is writing if nobody reads it? It's kind of like a science experiment that's been compromised. I've even had someone tell me that she "couldn't compete."

I had a great date Friday night with someone I really dig, the widow Mary. We've talked via e-mail for quite a while, but, that was our first date. Who knows what the future holds. She may not even have the same feelings for me, as I do for her. So, time will tell.

That being said, I went out on a very casual date with a different girl, Saturday. A Sicilian girl. At first, I wasn't going to mention it for fear that it would mess things up with WM. But, I want this to be a true representation of internet dating. I want this blog to have some modicum of journalistic integrity.

The Saturday night date didn't have the fire that the Friday night date did, but, it did have a mutual warmth. Just two people enjoying a nice meal and engaging in open, stimulating conversation.

Some people might read my blogs and think that I'm a real "Player". That's a term that a lot of women put in their profiles of what the don't want. I don't really think of myself that way. I do, probably, go out on a lot of dates. And, I won't always pass up the chance at gratuitous sex (safe sex, for the record). But, I am open to finding true Love and a lasting relationship. I want to find that. I'm just not in big ass rush to find it.

There are a lot of guys that are out there that are looking for a good time, and a good time only. That's why I try to focus my searches on girls that are new to the personals site, before they get "tainted” on the whole thing.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of women out there that are just looking for a good time. Maybe not always the traditional view of a good time, i.e. sex, still, not wanting a possesive type of relationship. Most are looking for their "knight in shining armor", or, their "soul mate". In fact, they will use those exact words in their profile. But, I just wanted to point out, that there is a section of women out there that are definitely, not looking for a long term relationship.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was wondering how that worked...various women you're dating reading your blog only to see entries about the other women you're dating. i'm sure some would be cool with it, but more often than not i would think they wouldn't be especially once sex enters into the picture.

i think banner boy either cheated on cassie, or maybe he didn't call or do something he said he would.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....or maybe banner boy has a blog too and cassie read about all of the other girls he is dating. then bb realized how much he really loves cassie and doesn't want to lose her....hence the apology!!! ;o)

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww... Dave the joy of internet dating is great. Lots of diversity in personalities and interesting bods. I think you should tell all of your blog. Hey if they really want to know you they should know the real you. I do and I come back into your life in intervals. You are awesome and by no means a person who waits. Remember I ran into you at the Weston Blues show, I wasn't to shocked to see that male bonding weekend included chicks but I must say your buddy "what was his name" had huge boobs.:) Hope things work out for you with the Widow Mary, you just need someone who can keep up with you. Because in true honesty I think you have more energy than any man I have met.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home