Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ultra Woman

Meet Tiffany Darby, or is it Cammeron, or, Gregloganus. It changes about every other week. She's one of the area's best ultra-marathoners. That's any distance above a marathon. Just last month she ran a 3:26 in the Las Vegas Marathon. She's shooting for a PR in the 10k at the Ground Hog Run on the 29th. She's competing in an adventure race next month, then she's setting her sites on the money for a solo Brew to Brew. That's about 43-miles.

Here's, in her words, a typical week's training. Guys, she is single, and, if you think you can hang with her, then she wants to get to know you:
"My training is not a "typical" marathoner's schedule. I usually run maybe 3 days a week but I do a lot of cross training. These past several weeks I have been doing a lot of training for my upcoming adventure race. I spent about 1.5 hours canoeing the previous weekend and rode about 20 miles on the road bike, then an 11 mile run. This past weekend, I ran 11 miles on the trails with a backpack on, went to the Ibex Climbing gym and spent 2 hours climbing with my son. On Sunday, I rode mountain bikes for about 1.5 hours with a group then participated in an orienteering meet for a few hours at Shawnee Mission Park.

Normally, I will lift weights twice a week, run long on the weekend, a mid-week 7.5 mile run, and a 4-mile VO2 max run on the treadmill, and do the spinning classes twice a week.

I plan to start increasing my long runs in preparation for B2B. My next long run will be in the 15 mile range. I'm hoping for a 6:30-6:45 finish time at B2B. That may be optimistic, we'll see. I'll reevaluate when it gets closer."

Last summer she placed in 5k nudist run on the west coast. She's promised to let me post her pictures from the race if she doesn't break 43:00 at the Ground Hog. Here's hoping she fails!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home