Monday, January 09, 2006

Pass the Ibupropan, Please

This is a marathon finisher at the KC Marathon.

Today, my hip was killing me. So, naturally the obvious choice would be to take the day off. But, I have a half-marathon in 12 days. So, off days are out of the question. Normally, I'd do my regular Monday 31st run, but, I did back down some and spent 40-minutes on the elliptical machine instead. My hip still hurt afterwards.

That's part of being an athlete. Dealing with pain. Normally, the best way to handle this would be to take a few days off. But, I'm not where I need to be. So, I try to train through it. For my second workout, I forego anything involving my legs. I lift concentrating on my upper body, instead. My treatment consisted of mass quanities of Ibuporpean. Luckily, I have na endless supply at work. My desk is littered with the little single dose packages.

I had a dinner date tonight. She suggested Ponack's. Any Mexican Restaurant on the Boulevard is a good first date place. Ponack's has the distinction of having about the best, and strongest margaritas in town.

My date, "Wild Side" had a unique hobby, she competes in horse riding, endurance events. For some reason, I could envision me and her riding through a field of Queen Mary's lace, TOTALLY NUDE. Don't know why, it just kind of popped in my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home