Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Twice a Day, Keeps the Dr. Away



Another great day for running. I ran a moderate paced 6-miler at lunch with my boss, Rod, and Damieon. We ran from the Y and around the downtown airport.

I started doing 2-a-day workouts about 6-weeks ago. Even with an understanding boss, it's hard to get in an adequate workout during the lunch hour, so, I go to the Y after work for a second one. It's usually fairly light. My main goal is to just burn some calories. I work at a desk all day, and, I'm not that active at home either. As I said before, one of the keys for me to reach my goals is to lower my weight. I'll start off with 20 - 25-minutes on the elipictical. That will bun off about 3 Ultras (as in Michelob). Then, I do some lifting. I did military presses, leg lifts, setups, lunges with dumbells, lats, and curls. Since I'll lift on back to back days, I'll focus on different body parts each time.

I'll do two-a-days 3 or 4 times a week. It helped quite a bit in maintaining my weight during the Holidays. I'll typically gain about 5lbs., which is pretty typical.

I turn 46 on Thursday. I'd like to go see an Eagles tribute band, but, I don't have a date. Yet.

Weight: 170.4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home