Monday, December 26, 2005

12/26

This is a pic from the kc Marathon. I'll ry to regularly post a pic, since I love photography.

What a beautiful today. I went for a 11.5 mile run. It took me about 1:45. Okay, that's not exactly smoking, but, this time of year, I'm just trying to build up my mileage. I went out to the country, just East of Liberty. I'd be glad to show you the route sometime. One of my goals on this blog is to kind of throw out my training philosphy, and , hopefully, be an inspiration to somebody out there. Try to give them some direction to their running.

The main thing this time of year, is to build an aerobic base. Most of the running is pretty easy, but, the mileage is fairly high. I'm shooting for a late February marathon (Ft Lauderdale) and would like to PR. I'm actually a little behind schedule in that respect. I'll have a better idea of where I'm at after the Topeka Half-marathon, Jan 21.

Once I lay down the basic training log, I'm going to let mythoughts drift where ever they take me. Often you find things on your runs. Today and yesterday were no exception. My boss, who's an avid runner, even keeps a log of what he finds: aquater here, a hammer there. Well, on my last two runs I've found a wallet. Today it was a wallet, yesterday it was a wallet. Today's wallet didn't have too much. Just some 20 year old's drivers liscence, no money or anything.

But yesterday it was different. It has $20, a bank card, an other stuff. I belonged to an Indian. You know, the kind of Indian that's come over here to steal our high tech jobs. I'm a computer programmer, and our place is crawling with them. When I first go into the field 10 years ago, companies were begging for programmers. Recuiters were calling me up every week. Well, they don't call anymore. They have a whole big country to choose from, people that would work for a lot less and be happy with it.

So there I am, part of me wants to just take the 20 and throw the rest of the wallet out at 39th & prospect so that some crackhead can take the bank card and buy some groceries or something. but, as I go through the wallet, i see his littel Hindu prayer card. One thing about those Indians, they are all nice and as ploite as hell. Makes you just want to just slap them. Well, I don't need any bad Karma, so, Mr. Ravulaparthy Pvan Kumar, your damn wallet is in the mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home