Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Joys of L.S.D.

That's Long, Slow, Distance.

This pic is not me. Though, I wish I had his bodyfat percentage. This is a finisher from the KC Marathon.

Today's run was an easy 9-miles. I'm on vacation and I'm using it to build a solid aerobic base. LSD should be the foundation of early season training. I know it's cold out, but, put on those sweats, tights, stocking cap, and just go. Don't worry about running fast, in fact, make an effort to NOT run hard.

The course I ran is one of my regulars. Go to Mapquest and look up the corner of Kentucky & Cement City Road in Sugar Creek. It runs along the Missoui River and is very flat, sparsley traveled and sceinic, with towering Cottonwoods one side and a bluff on the other. I saw a huge flock of turkey in an open field. Feel free to share some of your favorite courses by clicking on the comments tab.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home