Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Tue 12-27 Cross Training


Tues, I took my 9-year-old nephew skiing at Snow Creek. Which brings up the topic of cross-training. My main sport is running, but, it's important to throw in a healthy dose of cross-training. Today it was skiing. 7-hours of skiing makes for a pretty good workout. It incorporates all of the stabalizer muscles.

Not to mention the fact that it is just plain fun! Keeping the body,and mind, fresh, is a good thing. So, make it a regular habit of doing a completely different sport than the one you are training for. It's even more gratifying of you can spend it with a kid. Your kid, your sister's kid, or that neglected kid that lives next door. Just unplug his playstation while he's in the middle of a game and take him outside for some one-on-one basketball, or kick the soccer ball around, or, whatever.

Now, a different subject. As you can tell by the blog's name, this is about running and Love, one of which, I know quite a bit about, the other... well, I'm still trying to get a feel for. I'll try to set this site up in such a way that vistitors can post feedback, ask questions, give advise, etc.

Last weekend, I took my ex-girlfriend to the Chiefs game. It was kind of a date, but, I looked at it as more two good friends hanging out. I mean, she's a great woman with a lot to offer, but, I know she has some issues to work through before we could ever get back together. Well, we were in the parking lot, and it was pouring rain, and cold. It reminded me of a game a couple of years ago that me and another ex, initials JoJo, went to, so I told her about it and then I kind of looked at the water dripping down the wind shield and how it kind of distorted the background. It kind of mesmorised me for a second, and then she gets mad because she thinks I'm pining for my long lost love, JoJo. No, I was just looking at the water flowing down the windshield.

Well that passed, and we were having the time of our lives at the game until she made another comment that really made me mad. I mentioned that I had to send off a Christmas Card to a friend (Yes, I realize that it's Chirstmas eve). And she assumes that it's some other long lost love. No she was just a friend who used to be a neighbor (we only did it one time).

My point is, I have a past and there are a lot of women in my past, many of whom, are still good friends of mine. I ask you, is there anything wrong with that? Does a man have to permanently close the door on all past relationships when he enters a new relationship?

1 Comments:

Blogger kcrunner said...

Dave, your insights to running have been a big help to me. I look forward to them everyday.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home