Thursday, January 05, 2006

Today is Your Birthday, With Nothing to Do, Yeah

This is a large, dead, Leatherback turtle that washed up onto the beach near Ft. Lauderdale. He probably swam the ocean for a hundred years. I guess we all end up this way, washed up, upon the sands of time.

Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday, Dear David,
Happy Birthday to Me!

Technically, I'm 46 today, almost a third of the way through my life. But, if you are as young as you feel, then I'm 29. I may even have a date tonight. I won't know until 7:00.

Yesterday, I didn't have time to input my actual workout, just what I planned to do. I made a point of telling exactly what I do, no more, no less. I had planned doing a Cruise Intervals, 4-one milers, in 6:53. However, I only did 3, and at a slower pace of about 7:05. It may have been that I felt a little worn from the previous workout, or, it might have been because the treadmills I used were brand new out of the box and I think it might have been calibrated a little differently. I other words. 6:53 on the old machine was like 6:40 on these new ones.

I could tell that I was working harder than the desired level because I was wearing a hear heart rate monitor and it was ticking away a lot faster than I had planned. My maximum heart rate is 186, and, for threshold workouts, I want it to hoover around 165 half-way through the workout.

Today, was a rest day, so, I just did 20-minutes on the elliptical and then lifted weights for about 25-minutes during lunch.

My BD date just called. The date is on! She's a blonde cutie, too. We are going to go see an Eagles tribute band at the Voodoo Lounge.

Weight: 168.2 That's 2.6 less than New Year's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home