Thursday, January 19, 2006

Money Can't Buy Me Love (or can it?)


Victoria, this picture is for you. Slow down, relaaaax, listen to the waves. I just did a very easy 4-miler today. Tomorrow, I won't even run at all. That should leave me well rested for the half-marathon on Saturday. I'm having lunch with widow Mary. I'm going to load up on carbs at Garazzos.

I haven't been doing many new searches on the personals, lately. But, I have had several women contact me (I still got it!), so, it would be rude not to go out with them. I arranged to meet Melissa at Knuckleheads. I always get lost going there, even though I've been there a few times. I know how to find it now. So, I walk in right on time, instead of my customary 10-minutes early. I like to slam down a drink before they get there so they don't think I'm some kind of lush.

She was at the door waiting for me. I was impressed. She was an Amy Irving look alike. She had tight curls in her hair ( natural ) which was back in a bun. She had a cute, hippy kind of outfit. And she was tall, and lean. That's refreshing. Anymore, when they say they are average, that means about 20-lbs overweight, which, I guess, is average these days. So, I paid for our tickets and we found some decent seats and listened to the Holmes Brothers. Three older black men, who play some mean blues.

Now, I'm not looking for GS ( gratuitous sex ) these days, so, I kind of look at each date for long-range potential. I already mentioned, she was very attractive, and, she was also, very charming. A pretty cool chick overall. After the band was done, I walked her back to her car. The car she drove, was a 17-year-old Toyota corolla with 250,000 miles. She was driving on a doughnut. She had a tire in back that I thought was ok, but, that was the one that was flat. She said she was going to get it fixed. I looked at, and it was pretty bald, so I told her it wasn't worth getting fixed. She needed a new one. The look she gave me told me she couldn't afford one. In fact, I don't think she had a dime on her.

My momma always told me, "It's just as easy to fall in love with a rich girl, as it is with a poor one". And there is some truth in this. One of the things that I liked about my last girlfriend was that she made a nice income. And, she didn't mind paying her share of things. It just let us do that many more, fun things to do together. It let us take some nice vacations together. At the other end of the spectrum, I had another ex-girlfriend, who initials were, Yolanda, who made a nice income, but, if she ever reached for a check, I think I would have passed out.

Yes, money does matter. I would like to retire early, with a fine woman by my side. A woman that's an asset, not a liability.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one (blog, not girl) could very easily get you into trouble. You are walking on thin ice. Or, are you running?

Signed,

Initials, Shela D

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home