Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Reach Out

REACH OUT





STREATCH YOUR LIMITS





AND YOU'LL BLOSSOM TO YOUR FULL POTENTIAL




I have fallen into a regular pattern since receiving my MRI results two-weeks ago. I alternate days of swimming and weight lifting. It seems very effective. I swim for 30-minutes and cover about 1,200 yards. At first, I was swimming intervals of 50-meters with 20-seconds rest. Now, I'm doing 100-meter intervals with 30-seconds rest. I used to view then as drudgery, but now, I finish with a feel-good sense of accomplishment.

On the alternate day, I do a 45-minute weight lifting session during lunch. I pretty much neglected this aspect of my training before my injury. I mean, I was pretty weak. I use free-weights for most exercises, and I'm really getting into it, and enjoying it. I've made a lot of gains, both, in the weight I'm lifting, and, in the way I look. Watch out ladies!

A typical session would include 3-sets bench press, 2-sets of 25 leg lifts in the roman chair, 2-sets of 30 on the crunch machine, 3-sets of lat pull downs or, bent over rowing (I'll do one or the other), 3-sets military press, 2-sets back extentions, 3-sets curls, 3-sets tricep press, 2-sets hip abductors, 2-sets of the squeeze your thighs together thingy.

I would love to work on my quads, hamstrings and calves, but, I want to see what the doc says tomorrow. The lifting has really helped my swimming. I can really feel myself powering though my strokes. I have to prepare my self for the possibilty that I may have to take up a new sport. I'll know more tomorrow. I hope he brings his scalpule with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home