Friday, August 18, 2006

Oh, Johnny B. Goode!



I took a little mini-vacation to St. Louis last week. I started on Wednesday morning. I stopeed off at Rocheport and rode on the Katy Trail for a couple of hours. Luckily, there was a break in the heat wave and it wasn't a million degrees. I'll do a seperate posting on the Katy Trail soon.

My main goal for the trip was to see a rock'n roll legend, Chuck Berry. He'll be 80-years old in October. I made the mistake of waiting with Ray Charles, and missed the chance of ever seeing him. I wasn't going to do that with Chuck. He still tours regularly, quite a bit of it in Europe, but, he plays once a month in St. Louis, always on a Wednesday and always in the middle of the month. The bar is called Blueberry Hill and it's a pretty cool place. I was told they had a great hamburger. I'll definitly be back for that.

I didn't expect much from an 80-year old man, but he put on a hell of a show. He dosen't play long instrimentals but does short riffs on the guitar that sound as good as every. What really impressed me was his voice. He still has the same high voice that sounds clear as a bell. He adds a lot of humor and antics to the show. Basically, he entertains. This is a "can't miss show" If you plan it right, you can combine it with a Cardnals game like I did.



The guy in the white is Chuck's son, and the chick is his daughter.












This was the moring view from my room at The Millenium. It was nice to walk across the street and have The Arch almost all to yourself at dawn. There are a lot of runners in St Lou, and the riverfront was a great place for it.


test3


tt




If you are a baseball lover, then you have to make the pilgrimage to the new Busch Stadium. What a fantastic park! I like the fact that their seats are both roomy and cushioned. Yes, cushioned! What a concept. I always get claustrophobic at Kaufman Stadium.







1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Some great pictures....the Arch with the water reflecting it....is cool.....the flower pictures you took last month was really good also...keep up the great work....I took some pictures of a rainbow last week...that did pretty good...I'm going to post them on my blog....this coming week!!

Have a great day!!!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home