Tuesday, February 21, 2006

New Beginings


I decided it was time for some changes, time for a new attitude. I think everybody goes through a phaze, probably a couple of times a year, where they just feel kind of stagnant. So, you make a point to make some changes. Usually, it involves some type of change to your appearance, a new hair do, or some new clothes. For me, it was shaving off that scraggly beard.


Then, you make some kind of lifestye change. I made the decision a couple of days ago to start Lent early and go on the wagon (that means to quit drinking for you tea-toddlers out there). The first thing I noticed was that I've dropped several pounds the last few days. Yeah! The second benefit, is that I seem to be sleeping a lot better. I don't plan on quiting forever. I like to drink. I do plan to permantly drop down to 3-days a week. That's a drop from 7-days. That will amount to about 1-bottle of wine, 10 beers, and a pint of Cuarvo or Crown Royal. do you think it will make a differnece? We'll soon find out.

Sunday I ran a breezy 7.5 on the treadmill. Monday I ran my first Quality workout since the trail race. I did 3 X 1-mile cruise intervals @ 6:58 pace (TP) with 1:15 rest in between. I'll try to get 2, maybe 3 more of these type or workouts before I leave for Florida a week from Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home