Thursday, February 16, 2006

My Funny Valentine

I met my ex girlfriend at Margarita's last Tuesday, Valentine's Day. I had lent her a book on running that I needed for as reference material for my blog. At least, that was the pretext I used. I just wanted to see her, again.

She dosen't want me to talk about her on my blog, so, I'll respect her wishes. She gave me a cute card and a little gag toy that was supposed to read my mind. I kidded her that she could already do that (or, so she thought). We had a nice visit and a nice time, her, sipping on her beloved frozen margarita and, me, slugging down my Cuervo margarita on the rocks.

They make the drinks very strong there, and things started getting a little hazy. I remembered the good times we used to have together, the blues festivals, the parites with our friends, the cool trips we would take, making love on my sailboat. But, it would only be a matter of time before....

I don't remember if we kissed good night or not. I got pretty drink off those 3 maragaritas. I still want her in my life, and close to me, but, I know she (and me) still have some issues to work through. Someday, maybe. I'll know when that time is right.

When I got home, I was thumbing through the book and found an envelope. Inside, was a cruise photo from our little 2-night, time share cruise we went on last September. Huricane Ophela wasn't too far away, and it made the smallish ship rock relentleslly. We had so much fun that trip. We looked so happy in that picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home