Saturday, March 18, 2006

Average? I don't think so

I haven't been writing much about my dating life lately, and for good reason. There hasn't been any dating life. A couple of weeks before I left for Florida, I just kind of "cleaned the slate." I decided I wanted to focus on trying to get a good time in the half-marthan. Plus, I wasn't all that impressed with what I had been meeting. Well, last weekend I got back on line. I sent out several messages, and got a couple of responses back. One was pretty persistant and we finally went out last night.

In the profile section, where an internet dater list their vital statistics there is a category for body type. The options are: average, slender, fit, athletic, a few pounds, overwieght, or thick. My date last night put down "average." I guess average these days means 50 lbs overweight. She was a big gal. I should have suspected something when she only had her head pictured. She was a lot of fun, but...

The bad thing is that she's in sales, so she's not afraid of going for the sale. I'm used to just not calling the girl back when I'm not into her. But she has no qualms about calling me. The phone wrang a few minutes ago. It was probably her. I just let it ring. I should probably be straight up with her and just tell her that she's not my type. I'm always afraid of hurting someones feelings. That's where this internet dating things gets a little hairy. Feel free to leave a comment and give me some advice on this matter.

I did have a close encounter with a swinger/alternate lifestyle chick last Saturday. I'll save that for tomorrow. It's pretty funny. I'm still having trouble with uploading pictures, so, I bought space on a new web provider. I just have to figure out how to use it. I'll include a link to it when I get it going.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Just be straight with her....And tell her what you said on here..."You're not my type"....bottom line....It's not like you ever have to see her again!!!

Have a great day!!!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home