Friday, February 24, 2006

You know you're a redneck when...

Your sister makes breaking news when she falls 30 feet off a ledge onto railroad tracks because she had a blood-alcohol content of .300. That's over 3-times the legal limit! She boke some bones in her neck, but will not be paralized. When I visit her I'm giong to suggest she pick a higher bridge next time. For all you out there with alcoholic family members, I feel for you.

These pictures are from the Katy Trail. I can't wait to hit it again. I picked up my new mountain bike tonight. It is awesome! I'm going to Clinton Lake tomorrow to ride on the trails where I'll be doing a duathalon in two-weeks.

Yesterday, I did cruise intervals on the treadmill, 4 X 1-mile @ 6:58 with 1:30 rest. It feels good to be good and tired after a workout. You don't want to do it every workout, but, you want to do it a least once a week. That will be your primary workout. Usually, you'll have a secondary workout as well.

Right now I'm in a pattern where I do a medium workout, say 6-miles of easy running, then a hard workout, like the cruise intervals, then I follow that with either a race day, or, like today, swimming. That's a hard workout every 3-days, which might be a little aggressive, but, I'm trying to squeeze in as much as I can before my race in 8-days.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Davey Gravey,

I just read your blog and want to see if the 'comment count' really works.

You Know Who.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home