Sunday, June 04, 2006

Girls on Bikes

Here's the last set of bike pics (I promise). These are some Division I riders in the criterium. Their scores combined with their teams men's scores to determine the National Title. Davidson of California took the title.

I love seeing women athletes. I wish there were more in this condition in their post-college days. Get that women? Get on your bike and ride!!!








On Friday, I did threshold intervals on the stationary bike. I warmed up 5-minutes, then I would bump up the gear and maintain a speed of 21.0 for 10-minutes. Easy spin for 5-minutes, then another 10-min at threshold. Then I jumped on a treamill to finish off the brick workout. A brick is when you do a good ride and then follow it up with a run, to got your legs ready for the transition from bike to run in the du or tri.

Yesterday, I rode for 1.5-hours of mountain biking at Landahl Park. I'm getting a lot better on the technical parts, don't fall over nearly as much. I contiplated doing a race there at noon today, but, it was raining pretty good when I woke up so that helped make my decision. Besides, I have two races this week, 800 on Thur, and duathalon on Sunday, so I want to be fresh. I've bike my way into decent shape, even though I'm carrying a few extra pounds. I may suprise my self.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you kiddin' me??? there is NO way most of those girls are even out of their 20's yet!!!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home