Monday, May 22, 2006

#2 Tries Harder

Sunday was show time. Time to see what I had in me. I honestly didn't know what I could do. I wasn't even sure if my calf would hold out. It was a great day in May. The heat was no problem at 7:30am. I felt really good. It was one of the few times that I actually got a good night's rest prior to a race. The key is to wake up early the day before.

The duathalon was a 2-mile run, an 11-mile bike ride, ending with a 3-mile bike ride. I didn't have the heavy legs you usually feel when you get off the bike and start the run. In fact, I felt pretty strong. I even finished with a little left in the tank.

I got second place in my age division, a pleasant suprise. I haven't ran over 15 total miles in the last 3-weeks. I did do a decent amount of biking. It seemed to carry over into my running. I plan on doing much more riding in the next few months. It seems to be a little easier on my body.

I took some pics after I finished, but, the top athletes had already finished. The pics of the "also rans" were kind of interesting. Here are a few of them. The first girl in the red is Suzy. She was the female winner of the duathalon. I finished just ahead of her. I know I did pretty fair when I can finish ahead of the top female. She's a great competitor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home